Petals of Progress with Girl Power Talk: Bernpack’s Blossoming Story

They say, "What's meant for you will always find its way to you," and that quote has become my reality; the motto I live by. It hasn’t always been this way though. I used to grapple with doubts about my capabilities, questioning if I could truly excel or dip into new waters. The turnover I needed was my initiation into Girl Power Talk. My entire outlook on the corporate world changed upon walking through those metaphorical doors (quite literally, as I work remotely). 


Who Is Berna, a.k.a Bernpack Anyway?


In essence, I was a shy, timid, and reserved individual, a late bloomer in many respects. But then, I had an epiphany – I realized the significance of showcasing my authentic self to others. With that understanding, even in moments of nervousness, I mustered the courage to reveal the real Maria – the vivacious, exuberant, and enthusiastic version of myself. It was this genuine display of character that ultimately led me to earn the esteemed title of the first Filipino Young Leader in this seemingly too-good-to-be-true company.



I was born with dreams and aspirations, but it was while I was interning for the completion of my high school qualification, that things took an unexpected turn. It dawned on me that the internship lacked relevance to my future prospects. I wasn’t being challenged in the tasks I was given. I was conjoined, nine to five, to a desk that seemed to gnaw away at my potential every passing day. 


The next time I found myself searching for an internship was during my university pursuits, and it happened to coincide with the unfortunate onset of the pandemic. Determined to explore new opportunities, I extended my applications to companies beyond my island.. Little did I know that October 2021 would mark the beginning of my transformative journey at Girl Power Talk.


So let me take you on a, hopefully inspirational, walkthrough of my experiences at Girl Power Talk, where I learned to overcome doubts and embrace new opportunities in this ever-ambitious world.


What's This About Girl Power Talk?


To be honest, when I first heard about Girl Power Talk, I had my doubts. It sounded too good to be true. But as I soon discovered, Girl Power Talk was different. They offered a paid internship, which was a rarity. Plus, I had the opportunity to receive mentorship from and collaborate directly with the executive team. I fell in love with the company instantly.


How Does It Feel to Be a Young Leader?


Berna with Girl Power Talk’s CEO, Rachita Sharma, and the Philippines team during the international meet-up.


 A Sense of Responsibility and Mutual Trust


Stepping into this new corporate world was intimidating for me. I had very little prior knowledge and experience, but Girl Power Talk provided me with the tools for experiential learning and personal growth. Here, my efforts were not only rewarded financially but also through acknowledgments, more opportunities, and greater responsibilities. Being part of Girl Power Talk itself is a privilege, as I get to work and learn from amazing individuals from different corners of the globe. It's not just work; it's an enriching experience, even if it means dealing with time zones and the occasional funny challenge.


I still remember being absolutely astounded by the sheer trust and responsibility I was handed. The sense of confidence that Girl Power Talk placed in me was overwhelming. They saw my potential and believed in my abilities. It made me feel seen and valued as an individual.


Onboarding week: A journey of connections


During the onboarding week, I got to know not only my immediate team but also people from different departments and backgrounds. It was refreshing to build connections beyond just work-related interactions. It amazes me still how tight-knit the community within Girl Power Talk is.


Meeting our team members face-to-face: A fever dream


In May 2022, something yet more incredible happened! Our Indonesian and Indian team members visited the Philippines, giving us the opportunity to meet and work together in person. Finally, I could see them outside the confines of my computer screen. We not only exchanged ideas and collaborated on projects but also shared our beliefs and immersed ourselves in each other's cultures. Those special moments created an instant bond as if we had known each other for years.


Working with international clients: A learning curve


Like everyone else, I've made my fair share of mistakes when working with clients. However, at Girl Power Talk, we don't dwell on mistakes but rather focus on what comes after. Sameer Somal, the co-founder of Girl Power Talk, mentored me to learn from those mistakes and strive for excellence. His message, "If you aren't making mistakes, you aren't doing anything worthwhile," hit me hard. It reminded me to stay grounded and keep pushing myself.


Once, I had a conversation with Rachita Sharma, the CEO of Girl Power Talk, where I expressed my skepticism about my ability to deliver my best in all aspects of my work. She responded with humor, saying, "They can't kill you." and that phrase has stuck with me ever since. Rachita has been an incredible mentor, providing unwavering support and guidance.


To this day, I continue to work with prominent international clients, gaining confidence with every new project. It wouldn't have been possible without the mentorship and support of the amazing people in this ever-growing company.


Being part of Girl Power Talk has truly been life-altering. I found a place that prioritizes both my personal and professional development, where my voice is heard, my efforts are seen, and my ideas are appreciated. When my friends ask me where I work, they struggle to believe that such a company exists, just as I once did (I know better now).





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Chiang Mai Temples to Visit: A Spiritual Journey

Chiang Mai Itinerary: Temples, Thai Food, and Ethical Elephant Adventures (Full Travel Guide)